How do you know which analytics tool is right for your subscription business?
The answer primarily depends on what your goals are, your company size, resources available to you like budget and headcount, and other factors.
Baremetrics, ChartMogul, and MRR.io are three popular solutions to consider for subscription metrics and analytics. Read on to learn how these three analytics platforms differ in terms of capabilities, integrations, and pricing.
Baremetrics is a subscription analytics toolkit built for SaaS and subscription companies. Our toolkit helps subscription companies track the metrics most critical to their business, and then use smart features to take action on these insights.
Baremetrics empowers subscription businesses to grow with features that recover revenue, uncover why customers are cancelling, automate financial forecasting, and more.
Compared to ChartMogul and MRR.io, Baremetrics offers the most comprehensive set of features essential to growing a subscription business, all in one tool.
ChartMogul is a subscription analytics tool that helps businesses measure, understand, and grow their subscription revenue. The platform focuses on providing accurate data that can be analyzed using advanced editing capabilities and visualization options. This enables its users to discover new insights that impact business decisions.
Since charts, dashboards, and data segmentation and auditing are the primary focus for ChartMogul, there’s a lack of customer engagement and dunning features. So, if you want to take action on your business insights, you’ll likely need other tools.
MRR.io is an analytics tool that's primarily focused on tracking MRR and other SaaS business metrics. The platform offers accurate metrics with a low monthly subscription fee, making it appealing for newer companies. However, it has limited support for custom dashboards, customer segmentation, and other advanced analytics capabilities.
While MRR.io does provide basic forecasting capabilities with its Pro version, it doesn’t offer features beyond email reports and cohort analysis. This limits the usefulness of the insights the tool provides because it’s not easy for users to take action on them.
Subscription Metrics Tool Features:
All-in-one growth toolkit for subscription businesses: metrics, analytics, insights, dunning (revenue recovery), and advanced financial forecasting.
Subscription metrics and analytics
Basic plan is free. Pro plan trial is 30 days
Dunning (revenue recovery) Solutions
Comprehensive automated dunning solution (Recover)
No automated dunning capabilities
No automated dunning capabilities
Cancellation Insights feature shows you the reasons why customer cancel and the revenue lost to each reason
No feature for collecting insights about why people churn.
Basic churn analytics and forecasting
Smart dashboards with powerful drag and drop capabilities.
Inspiring and intuitive UX and UI.
Visualization options for charts and dashboards (only higher tier plans)
Advanced email reports with Pro subscription plan
Integrations & Data Import
Direct integrations with Stripe, Braintree, Recurly, App Store Connect, Google Play, Shopify Partners, and Chargebee.
Direct integrations with Stripe, Braintree, Recurly, App Store Connect, PayPal, Chargebee, GoCardless, Google Play.
Direct integrations with Stripe and Paddle. API and manual data entry
Segment by customizable attributes enriched by Clearbit.
Segment by customer tags and other attributes.
Advanced forecasting features automate your financial model, scenario planning, and forecasting using your accounting data and SaaS metrics.
Forecasting capabilities are limited to Committed MRR forecasting.
Basic metrics forecasting capabilities
Customer support available through live chat and email.
We guarantee a response within five minutes during operating hours (M-F, 9am-5pm CST).
Support included for all price tiers
Email support (Pro subscriptions only)
Custom reporting and data augmentation
- Drag and drop features make it easy to tailor dashboards to your business
- Smart Dashboards enable you to see the metrics that have the greatest impact
- Segmentation offers over 25 attributes to filter customer data
- Augmentation integrates external data for deeper and more unique business insights
- Trial Insights increases conversions by tracking customer behavior during trials
- Forecasting helps you accurately predict MRR, cash flows, and much more
- Flightpath lets you forecast revenue, expenses, and other financial metrics
- ChartMogul provides features for advanced data editing and data enrichment
- Customer data segmentation is possible using attributes, tags, and filters
- Visualization options help users create unique charts (available with higher tier plans)
- MRR.io offers advanced email reports with Pro subscription, but limited customization in general
- Basic forecasting capabilities help users predict future business performance
- Cohort analysis enables users to compare their metrics to similar businesses
Data Sources and Integrations:
- Baremetrics provides integrations with popular services and can import data using APIs and CSVs
- Leading integrations include Recurly, Stripe, Shopify, Chargebee, and many others
- Baremetrics can integrate with other services using the Analytics API
- Baremetrics integrates with Slack to provide important updates about business metrics
- Chartmogul provides multiple integrations and can import data via API and CSV
- Popular integrations include Recurly, Stripe, Chargebee, and some others
- Chartmogul’s API can be used to build custom integrations as well
- MRR.io can import data via API or users can enter their data manually
- The tool integrates with Stripe, Paddle, and other popular payment processors
- Custom integrations can be built using the API
- 14 day free trial
- Pricing is based on MRR
- Core features toolkit starts at $129/month
- Core features plus automated dunning/revenue recovery (Recover) starts at $198/month
- Core features plus automated churn insights (Cancellation Insights) starts at $258/month
- Core features + automated dunning + cancellation insights starts at $327/month
- Advanced forecasting is not priced based on MRR, is priced at $1000 per month
- 14 day free trial
- Free for business with less than $10k/month MRR
- $100/month up to $10k/month, plus $25/month for each additional $10k of monthly MRR
- $15k/year for businesses with over $6 million annual run rate
- 30 day free trial of Pro subscription
- Basic: free for up to 100 paying customers and 3 users
- Pro: $19/month for unlimited customers/users and other advanced features
Which is right for you: Baremetrics, ChartMogul, or MRR.io?
While all three analytics platforms can help you track subscription metrics, there are some key differences to consider.
ChartMogul offers in-depth data analytics and segmentation, but it doesn’t offer many features for taking action on these insights.
MRR.io is a less expensive alternative that provides accurate metrics but is limited when it comes to customization, segmentation, and other key processes.
Baremetrics provides an easy-to-use analytics dashboard with dozens of key metrics for SaaS and subscription businesses. We also go beyond analytics by also offering automated tools for dunning and churn insights, as well advanced financial forecasting and scenario planning.
Our unique combination of features help subscription companies track real-time performance and take action on these insights to propel their business forward.
Sign up for a free trial to learn how Baremetrics can help you grow your subscription business today.