Chargebee is a company that offers a wide range of features and toutes itself as the leader in subscription billing management.
Within their platform, users can manage various aspects of their online customers such as subscription, recurring billing, invoicing, payments, accounting, taxes, and more.
Baremetrics on the other hand monitors subscription revenue for businesses that bring in revenue through subscription-based services. By integrating directly with your payment gateway, such as Stripe, Baremetrics pulls information about your customers and their behaviour into a crystal-clear dashboard.
Since both Chargebee and Baremetrics offer similar solutions, it’s only fitting that we compare the two.
In this article, we are going to look at reviews from Chargebee’s customers, compare both Chargebee and Baremetrics, and determine the best use case for both.
Chargebee reviews: Pros
One way to find out customers’ reviews is by referring to review websites such as G2, Capterra, and more. For the sake of conversation, we are going to focus on what Chargebee users have said on G2 only.
Overall, Chargebee has received positive reviews from over 450 customers. There are three main takeaways from their reviews:
- Automated subscription and billing: Users can automate billing and can have more control over their subscriptions and services. Chargebee is easy to integrate into your system, which makes automation even easier. The platform provides a self-service portal where customers can manage their subscriptions. This can prevent management overhead.
- Good customer support: Customers left reviews on G2 saying that they had a good experience in their customer support. One reviewer mentioned they were able to onboard quickly and received good customer support in the process. Additionally, due to its global presence, multiple languages are supported, which has helped people to get familiar with the platform.
- Easy to set up: A few reviewers mentioned that it was easy to use Chargebee and its setup was straightforward. Also, they commented that it was not difficult to find statistics on subscriptions and billings on the platform.
Chargebee reviews: Cons
Although Chargebee has mostly positive reviews, there are a few things to consider before committing to their product. Let’s have a look at three main negative takeaways of using Chargebee.
- Not great at monitoring metrics Chargebee offers convenient subscription and billing management features. However, it does not provide complete views of business status. When using Chargebee, being able to view your metrics and gain comprehensive insights isn’t as doable as it would be with Baremetrics. Baremetrics is able to enrich your data through tools like People Insights, Segmentation, Trial Insights and more. From there you receive in-depth information on customer behaviors regarding their subscription and can calculate an estimated LTV of each user. <li "="" tve-u-17ae35fd01a"="">
- Poor visualization: Chargebee’s analytics dashboard has poor visualization design. A wrong dashboard design can make it hard to access the information that users are looking for.
Integrate Baremetrics with Chargebee
Get deep insights into MRR, churn, LTV and more to grow your business
Chargebee vs. Baremetrics – the Dashboards
Well-designed dashboards that are full of useful information are extremely important to your business
Let’s compare the dashboards of the two platforms.
What payment information can you see in Chargebee?
Chargebee’s website does not clearly state what payment information they expose to their users. As a potential customer, the only way to find out is to schedule a demo. If you’re wanting to see what Chargebee offers for payment information, it seems they share some information about payment:
- Billing and invoicing figures
- Recurring payments amount
- Tax payments
- Subscription counts and amounts
In contrast, if you check Baremetrics’ live demo, you can easily see what the dashboards look like, what metrics are being monitored (more on that later), the ability you have to customize, and more!
What metrics can you monitor with Baremetrics?
Baremetrics is a business metrics tool that provides 26 metrics about your business. Here are the most notable metrics we monitor:
- Revenue: MRR (Monthly Recurring Revenue), ARR (Annual Recurring Revenue), net revenue, MRR growth rate, fees, other revenue, quick ratio
- MRR Movements: Active and new subscriptions, plan quantities, upgrades, downgrades, failed charges, refunds, coupons
- Customer: ARPU (Average Revenue Per Customer), LTV (Loan-To-Value), active and new customers, churned customers, reactivations
- Churn: user churn, revenue churn, net revenue churn, churned subscriptions
The metrics above are just part of what Baremetrics provides under a metrics category on the dashboard. There are additional tools including forecast, customers, benchmarks, recover, and cancellations that provide your company with deeper insights into all mentioned above.
Let’s hear what some of our customers have to say about the metrics they’re tracking with Baremetrics.
- “We are tracking our sales and retention with Baremetrics and we didn’t have to invest any time in collecting the data and building the charts.”
- “It works directly off our Stripe data and projects out charges by day, week, or month on a rolling 12 month basis.”
- Also, a reviewer pointed out that the person liked Baremetrics because of “revenue churn cohort analysis, segmented by Clearbit data to find where the real product market fit…”
Chargebee and Baremetrics: what’s the right use-case for both?
At the end of the day, making a buying decision for a SaaS product comes down to what you (the buyer) need from said product. This is especially the case with two products like Chargebee and Baremetrics.
Chargebee offers a great subscription payment management solution and was built with a focus on customer payments.
While Baremetrics provides you with solutions to both track and gain deeper insights into key metrics for your SaaS business by using intuitive dashboards. With these distinctive differences in mind, we suggest your decision not be one over the other, rather using both Chargebee and Baremetrics together!
By integrating Baremetrics with Chargebee, you can rest assured you will have a solid tech stack combination. If you want to learn more about how to best integrate Baremetrics with Chargebee, connect with us here or visit our free trial to get started today!