This article is a step-by-step guide on how to integrate Google Sheets with Baremetrics.
Baremetrics is the leading analytics platform for SaaS and subscription businesses. By authorizing the Baremetrics API, teams can now easily integrate directly with Google Sheets- no coding required!
Keep reading to learn how to quickly integrate your accounts and start creating functional spreadsheets.
Overview: Integrate Google Sheets with Baremetrics
The add-on retrieves information from Baremetrics and puts it into your spreadsheet cell with a quick custom function.
The custom function pulls data from your Baremetrics account and displays it on the Google Sheet. To retrieve a value from your Baremetrics account, directly enter the custom formula into a cell, like this:
This will retrieve your MRR as evaluated by Baremetrics on January 1st, 2021.
This article will follow these three steps to get your Baremetrics integration working:
- Sign into your Google account
- Go to Google Workspace Marketplace and search for Baremetrics for Sheets
- Click on Install
- You get a pop-up that says Baremetrics for Sheets needs your permission
- Click continue
- Then the pop-up will say "Baremetrics wants to access your account", click "Allow".
- Then, Baremetrics will be installed.
- You can find the add-on directly in your Google Spreadsheet
Steer Your Company in the Right Direction
Get deep insights into MRR, churn, LTV and more to grow your business
- Open a spreadsheet in your Google Sheets application
- If you are using Microsoft Excel, do not panic, you can easily convert excel to Google Sheets by simply following the steps given here
- Click on Add-ons
- In the add-ons menu, you will see a "Baremetrics for Sheets" option. Click on "Baremetrics for Sheets > Authorize Sheet"
- A popup will appear on the right side of your screen
- Click on authorize
- Once you click on authorize a new page will pop up. If you're not yet a Baremetrics Member it will ask you to start your 14-day Baremetrics free trial. If you are already a Baremetrics-user click on sign in
Note: Go back to the add-on menu to verify if the authorization has been completed.
Matthew Ruddy has created an awesome video for you to help you in this process!
Check it out below:
Baremetrics helps you better understand your MRR, ARR, retention by choosing from the 50+ available metrics. These metrics will help you create sophisticated campaigns, reduce churn and create financial models that will help you grow your business.
Once the Baremetrics Authorization is completed, you can directly enter the custom formula into a cell, like this:
- MRR - Monthly Reccurring Revenue
- 2020-01-01 - January 1st, 2020
Here is a comprehensive list of available custom functions that we have setup for you. You can pull all of these metrics directly into your Google Sheets!
Use these functions to find out your company's important stats such as Active Customers, MRR, Trial Conversions, and more to drive your company’s net growth and to see other foreseeable advantages and avoidable mishaps.
Sign up for a free 14-day Baremetrics trial today!
Advantages of Integrating with Google Sheets
Using Google Sheets allows for quick collaboration and version control. If you accidentally delete your data, you can go to "Open Version History". Through this you can see all the edits that you have made from the beginning, thereby preventing data loss.
But why use Google Sheets with the Baremetrics add-on?
Using the Baremetrics add-on keeps your data in one sheet to help you create more accurate financial models. You can better forecast your company’s growth by creating the best and worst-case scenarios to tide your company.
Create your financial model with our updated Baremetrics financial template using your Baremetrics data directly in Google Sheets via our Google Sheets add-on. This template will help you create the right financial scenarios and compare forecasts to actuals.
Read more on the benefits of using a financial model here.
We've also updated our article on the SaaS financial model you will actually use, to help you along the way in creating the best business plan for small, medium, and large enterprises!
Choose Baremetrics for Smarter Growth
Baremetrics gives you complete control of your business metrics via smarter dashboards, trial insights, segmentation features, and more. Lead your company in the right direction by making data-driven decisions.
Start your free Baremetrics 14-day trial today to access key business metrics and make more.