We've written a good chunk of content at Baremetrics over the years. In order to help you navigate it a little easier, we've pulled out some of our "highlights" and categorized them for you.
Did you randomly land on this page and aren't sure what the heck Baremetrics is? Learn more here!
Just starting out 🌱
These articles are good if you’re in the early stages of starting a SaaS company and can help you get off on the right foot.
- How to identify your perfect customer
- Customer Research: A Guide To The Ultimate Startup Cheat Code
- 5 SaaS Analytics Tools to Track & Grow Your Business
Pricing your SaaS 🤑
There are a lot of ways to price your SaaS. These articles will help you decide which pricing strategy makes the most sense for your business.
- SaaS Pricing Models & Strategies Demystified
- Usage-Based Pricing: What SaaS Companies Need to Know
- Per User Pricing: The Good, The Bad & The Ugly
Reduce churn 📉
Churn will kill your business if you don’t get a hold of it. These articles are all about analyzing and reducing churn.
- 6 Proven Strategies to Reduce Churn (With Real Examples)
- Churn Analysis: A 3-Step Guide to Analyzing Your Churn
- 14 Customer Retention Strategies You’ll Wish You’d Have Implemented A Year Ago
- Revenue Churn: How to Calculate, Track & Improve
- 5 Ways to Prevent Involuntary Churn in SaaS
- How to Use Cohort Analysis to Reduce Churn & Improve Retention
- How To Calculate & Improve Your Customer Retention Rate
So you’ve been up an running for a while, and you’re looking to take your SaaS business to the next level. These articles are packed with tips and strategies to fuel growth.
- The Four Components Of Every Growth Strategy
- How fast SaaS companies hit ARR milestones
- How to Use Customer Expansion to Skyrocket Growth (+ examples)
- How to Improve Your MRR Growth Rate (without new customers)
- SaaS Dashboards: How to Measure & Track Growth
- Dunning Management: How to Recover Failed Payments
- How to Write Effective Dunning Emails (30+ Examples Included)
- How to Use Customer Feedback to Fuel Your Business Growth
- How to Use Demos to Get & Keep Customers
- Calculate What Feature to Build Next
Money talk. From funding your business to managing your expenses, these articles are all about the financial side of running a startup.
- Startup Funding: The Best Financing Sources & Options To Raise Money
- The SaaS Financial Model You’ll Actually Use
- Saving you millions of dollars: asset sale vs stock sale
- How to categorize expenses in a SaaS startup
- How to Increase the Value of Your SaaS Business
Running a startup ⚙️
Whether you’re a founder or work in HR, these articles are for you. They’re all about the behind-the-scenes parts of running a startup like hiring, managing a team and operations.
- How to Handle Equity at Your Startup
- Being a Solo Founder: Pros, Cons, Tips & Tricks
- Remote Hiring: Our 5-step Interview Process
- Staying Mentally Healthy as a Founder
- How to Get Startup Insurance & Avoid Getting Sued in to Oblivion
- How We’re Fixing “Unlimited” Vacation
- 33 Lessons from the Trenches of Building a Million Dollar Company
The Baremetrics journey 👀
Baremetrics has been around since 2014, and we’ve documented the process. These articles are an archive of the journey it’s taken to get to this point. The highs and lows. Most of the articles are older, but there are tons of gems in them. (they’re listed in chronological order).
- Announcing Baremetrics: Analytics for Stripe
- What I’ve Learned Building a SaaS App for Stripe Users
- Idea to $5,000/mo in Recurring Revenue in 5 Months
- How We Got Our First 100 Customers
- How Hacker News Generated $1,500 in Monthly Recurring Revenue
- How We Increased Customer Loyalty by 125% in 6 Hours
- Stripe Fund Invests $500,000 in Baremetrics
- One Year Later: $20k/mo, 250 customers, 5 people and a $500k investment
- How we scored Baremetrics.com for $616
- Bootstrapped to Funded: What’s it like? Was it worth it? Should you do it?
- How I hired a team of 6 without having a clue what I was doing
- How we grew from $0 to $25,000/month in 12 months
- Why We Spent $250,000 in 120 Days (And the Mistakes We Made)
- 3 Things We Did to Reduce Churn by 68%
- How Freemium Nearly Caused Our Business to Implode
- How We Generated a $14,000 Influx of Cash in 7 Days
- How We Increased Annual Upgrades by 30%
- How Removing Self-Serve Cancellations Saved Our Business (And Why It’s Not as Evil as You Think)
- How We Went from Weeks of Cash Left in the Bank to Profitable in 8 Months
- Why We Transitioned from Medium Back to Our Own Blog
- Sunsetting Intros: A Post-Mortem on Shutting down a Product We Just Launched
- I Almost Sold Baremetrics for $5m
- We Sold Intros for $100,000: Turning a Product Failure into a Business Success